Sunday, February 8, 2009

Haddin-Broom Controversy

On the first ODI between AUS and NZ, the important wicket of Broom was thought to be bowled by Clarke but as the slow-motion pictures came out it showed that maybe he wasnt bowled and the gloves of Australian wicket-keeper Brad Haddin had knocked the bails of the stumps themselves, Haddin was said to be a cheater by Kiwi captain Daniel Vettori because he didnt speak up as broom left the field but Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes that the controversial wicket was not a factor of cheating.

I believe that Haddin did not intentionally knock the bails off, maybe he didnt even hit them. A clicking sound came up on the snicko,a sound that the ball hitting the gloves would not have made. Even if Haddin did knock of the bails, I dont think he knew and I dont think he did it on purpose.

As I watch the 3rd game I wonder whether Australia has any faith in their team as we go through a rebuilding stage. As I watched the cricket and listened to my dad saying that the team was crap I thought to myself :Is this country so used to winning for so long, that when we go through a little bit of a drought do we lose all faith in the team, do we stop supporting them? I myself would never give up on the team, as I look up to them, they are my role-models. This is like the Eagles situation, in the short life of the Eagles they have dominated, last year they didnt have the best season and they last almost all their fans.

Au stralia need to learn how to be faithfull to their team no matter what.

Well im going to go watch the rest of the cricket,the score at the moment is 3-98 in the 2nd over. Australias final score was 301, which I think is a very good score. GO AUSSIE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Snake made by Neave Games